Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Cinema Arts Centre




Move over Angelika, here comes Cinema Arts! 

Located in Huntington, Long Island, Cinema Arts Centre is the place on Long Island to see independent films. If you don't believe us, just take a look at this A-list of upcoming special events including an evening with David Lynch and a visit from animator, Bill Plympton

For those of you who may need an education, that would be the David Lynch who created the films, Twin Peaks, Mulholland Drive, Lost Highway, Blue Velvet, Eraserhead. Do we need to go on? Then there's Bill Plympton, the two-time Academy Award nominated animator who premiered his film Idiots and Angels at this year's Tribeca Film Festival (you may have heard of it), on April 26th. 

When you go to watch your favorite flick, also check out the Sky Room Café  for a quick snack and the outdoor garden area to see the interesting sculptures. 

Visit the Cinema Arts Centre website for further information about other great happenings at this cool venue. Oh, and show some support if you can! There are many ways to do this, including becoming a member, volunteering your time or donating to the organization. Giving always feels so good!

THEATRE INFORMATION:
423 Park Avenue
Huntington, NY 11743
631-423-FILM




2 comments:

Ciambellina said...

Oh I love this theater! Great idea to post about it. I saw lots of great films there. I think I may have even seen Cinema Paradiso there (that launched me on my way to studying Italian).

But LongIslandette, I have a question for you. I see you posted on my blog as "anonymous." Why???!!! You should be posting as LongIslandette! You see I am posting as Ciambellina.

He he he. You probably shouldn't have told good friends like me about this blog because now I am going to torture you here!

He he he. Keep up the good work. That's so awesome about David Lynch. The Book Revue nearby also gets big names.

Unknown said...

Wes Anderson Biography
http://moviesbox.live/grand-budapest-hotel-wes-andersons-utopia-project.html
Biography of Mathieu Amalric
Watch The Grand Budapest Hotel
The grand budapest hotel cast
Avengers Infinity War online free
The Grand Budapest Hotel
fantastic beasts and where to find them torrent
Call me by your name